P.A.K.T. with PERCY JONES, ALEX SKOLNICK, KENNY GROHOWSKI, TIM MOTZER
Friday, July 23
Show | 7pm // Doors | 6pm
$30 All Tickets
About The Kennett Flash Rooftop Series:
- All Rooftop Events are Rain or Shine.
- Concert will take place on the Rooftop of the Kennett Square Parking Garage at 100 East Linden Street.
- Seating will be BYOChair – Socially Distanced Pod Seating for your groups.
- No Food or Drink and No Coolers.
- Masks required for entry.
- Temperature Checks and Health Screenings upon entry. If you aren’t feeling well, stay home and we will refund your ticket purchase.
PERCY JONES – bass
ALEX SKOLNICK – guitar
KENNY GROHOWSKI – drums
TIM MOTZER – guitars electronics
P.A.K.T. is a supergroup made up of guitarists Alex Skolnick and Tim Motzer, fretless bass guitar icon Percy Jones and drummer Kenny Grohowski. They are all very experienced players. Skolnick is best known as the lead guitarist in the thrash metal band Testament; he went on to freelance work, playing jazz with his Alex Skolnick Trio, and experimenting with World Music and Progressive Rock. Welsh bassist Jones (a New York resident) is known for his tenure in the jazz fusion group Brand X, as well as extensive studio work with Brian Eno, Kate Bush, Suzanne Vega, David Sylvian Motzer has a long background in free improvisation as well, including the bands Bandit65 (with fellow guitarist Kurt Rosenwinkel) and Orion Tango, plus many other recorded collaborations for his 1k Recordings label. Grohowski is one of the busiest drummers in business, and his recent associations include John Zorn, Brand X, Imperial Triumphant, Kilter, Felix Pastorius & Hipster Assassins, John Medeski, Lonny Plaxico, Tony Levin and many others.
Double live album P.A.K.T., recorded live in August of 2020 during the lockdown, at the ShapeShifter Lab in Brooklyn, NYC, will come out in the late June this year on MoonJune Records.